Monday, July 21, 2008

Jennsin' for Marsala (Please Note: Jennsin' is Much Like Jonesin' Only Without the Desire for Nicotine or Someone Named Jones)

Some of you have noticed my absence. And some of you are, understandably, upset by it. If you either, a) Did not notice my absence, or b) Were not understandably upset by it, then you could at least fake it to spare my feelings. After all, I'd be upset if you turned up missing. In any case, I am forced to believe that if I typed out all of the sordid details of my whirlwind European vacation replete with lots of French cheese and loads of French women, several things would happen. For starters, I would be lying. And while I may be many things (lover of pirates, hater of mayo, taunter of injustice), I am no liar. Turns out I'm just really boring. Hence, the complete and utter breakdown of Playing Chicken with Marsala and my first set of Fan/Hate Mail. Here are a few of my favorites for your reading pleasure...

-OK, until a certain J. Marsala posts again, I've decided to, in protest, take to my bed and refuse everything except food and drink. You have been warned.

-MMMMMAAAAARRRRRSSSSSAAAAALLLLLAAAAAA!!!!!
(This letter was shouted a la Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire. Or, at least, that's how I read it. I suppose 'anonymous' could have written it differently, but since none of us knows how to reach him or her to inquire, we'll do things my way. So, as I was saying...Marlon Brando. Take that, 'anonymous!)

-Marsala...Just who the hell do you think you are anyway? While I don't need your stupid blog to make me happy (I've never even read it, so there!), I have a friend of a friend who reads it, and that stupid jerk is really upset at your apparent disappearance or kidnapping. What a stupid jerk! In any case, write soon or I'll kill myself...I mean, my friend of a friend will kill his or herself...

Well, my friends, stop killing yourselves, all three of your prayers have finally been answered. And now, to celebrate my triumphant return to blogging, please join me in a rousing rendition of the Welcome Back, Kotter theme song. Just in case you don't know the lyrics, I've graciously posted them in the comments section. I'm not quite certain, but I believe this might be some kind of copyright infringement, therefore, if I go another few weeks without blogging please kindly post bail. All together now..."Welcome back..."

6 Comments:

Blogger jenn marsala said...

Welcome Back Kotter Theme Song Lyrics

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Okay, kid, you get one more chance to shape up or I'm outta here.

Uh, that's not really true. What else am I going to do but check in daily to see what clever, witty, or punny thing you've written?

Welcome back!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I developed another phobia while you were gone, "MARSALAGONA PHOBIA"

I'm a so glad you are back, I can't afford anymore visits to the psychiatrist.

7:01 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

welcomeeeeeeeeee back!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Thaozee said...

I see your back. Good work! Maybe you should sing the Onyx song "Slam Harder", that uses samples from welcome back kotter.

"...slam harder, alex and vince carter!..."

11:35 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Any friend of Summer Ryan Doyle's is a blog read of min and anyone who even remembers "Welcome Back Kotter" is worth checking out.

Now, about that "Lenny & the Squigtone" Sing-Along...

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home