Monday, June 02, 2008

You Are Awesome

Odds are, I would probably like you. If I met you on the street, I'd probably say something like, "Wow! What an intelligent and articulate person. Such white teeth and nice gums. I wish we were best friends." I might invite you over for a pot luck dinner. Or ask you to join my book club. And most likely, over the course of our friendship, I would learn all about you. Your likes and dislikes. Your dreams and goals. Your best recipe for guacamole. I would speak fondly of you to my friends and/or coworkers, saying things like, "You should hear what happened to So-and-So. It's so funny/interesting/inspirational. That So-and-So really is a stand-up guy/girl (So-and-So is, of course, my nickname for you. You call me Sweet Pea)."

Unfortunately, and here comes the really sad part, I may never get to meet you on the street. You may never get to join my book club. I may never taste your guacamole. I'm afraid to say it, but the odds of a chance meeting between us aren't exactly in our favor. Depressing, but true. However, because I think we could really have something here, I've come up with a delightful alternative. This will require your participation and will, invariably, start us on the road to a long and happy friendship.

Write in and tell me all about you (or someone you know, I'm not picky. But then, you already knew that about me, didn't you). Submit a good story, interesting fact, or never before revealed secret about yourself, your grandmother, or your neighborhood grocer. And then (and here's the really good part), one of you will be chosen for an exclusive, "Playing Chicken" interview. Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Sweet Pea and So-and-So, Friends Forever! Full story to follow...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could get better odds winning the lottery then I could meeting you Sweet Pea on the street. But if we did meet, I'm sure you would say something nice, like WOW this guy has great teeth,they can't really be his... After, getting to know me, you would find out we really do have things in common, WE BOTH HATE MAYO....

BTW, please keep a look out for a man 6' 10" bald with beautiful teeth, eating a BLT with no mayo, that would be me...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hmm....where do I start? How about we start with my list and work from there:

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such things, such dreams, such faulty lemon peels.
The anwser is of course, LOVE. If you can't see that, then I am at a lost. Shirly, You must come to terms with your loss.
I know a boy that steals hair dye and uses it on other peoples pets.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home