Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cracking the Walgreen's Conspiracy

An elaborate world of codes exists out there, and I want in. Codes are everywhere. They are written and broken and interpreted by cops and spies, and quite surprisingly, although, I'm sure not without good reason, Walgreen's employees. As further evidence that I have been left out of some nationwide memo, today I unwittingly displayed characteristics that would make an unassuming pharmacist declare me a "Code 10". When I inquired about just what might define a "Code 10," and why it was necessary to announce it over the loud speaker, I was quickly rebuffed. At which point, I used several interrogation tactics I'd previously seen on television (i.e. incessant singing of Don Ho's Tiny Bubbles). Even by Walgreen's high standards, she proved incredibly adept at dancing around the issue at hand. But, after hours of intense questioning, she finally crumbled. "Code 10" has no meaning she confessed. Turns out she just gets really bored filling prescriptions. And codes are fun. Indeed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Code 9! (just for fun)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But code breakers are so very important to our national security, maybe you should consider a career in code breaking...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home