Monday, June 09, 2008

Science on My (Back)Side

Science doesn't lie. It doesn't need to. If you ever find yourself in a heated debate with a scientist, odds are you will lose. This may come as a surprise to you, but they know more than you do. Much much more. After all, they can split an atom. What can you split?

As a rule, I like scientists. Penicillan was a good idea. Botox was inspired. And now the scientific community has impressed me once again by releasing the results to a study that says that laughter is a valid and efficient way to shed those extra unwanted pounds. Turns out if you laugh for a mere 10 minutes a day, you can lose up to five pounds over the course of a year! Now, I'm no mathematician (As a rule, I don't even like mathematicians.), but if I've run the numbers correctly (and I believe I have). laughing for 50 minutes a day can make you 25 pounds lighter by this time next year. Amazing! From now on, I am on a strict romantic comedy regimen. Goodbye, balanced diet and exercise! Hello, When Harry Met Sally! So take my advice (and science's), skip the gym, read my blog, and feel your backside shrink and shrink and shrink. Did I mention I love science?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO, IT'S REALLY TRUE, I LAUGHED 1000 MINUTES LAST YEAR, NOW I HAVE BEEN ADMITTED TO A HOSPITAL FOR ANORIXEA. MY ROOMMATE WAS ASHLEY OLSEN, SHE TOLD ME SHE GOT THIS WAY FROM LAUGHING FOR 10 SEASONS ON FULL HOUSE.... PLEASE NO MORE JOKES, YOUR KILLING ME!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen!!! Where have you gone??? I miss your blog!!! Don't quit blogging! Please! The world needs you!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger jenn marsala said...

Am back by popular demand. And yes, in case you were wondering, a single desperate plea does constitute "popular demand".

j

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home