Thursday, May 22, 2008

(Excused) Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

If I did a survey and asked people to name their least favorite day of the week, I'm fairly confident that at least 56.4 percent of all people would say Monday. Which is, of course, correct. It has been proven by scientists somewhere, that Monday is not well liked (therefore it also has extremely low self-esteem. Unlike Saturday, which is very full of itself, indeed). Here's the part where my blog comes in handy for the 56.4 percent of you who are dreading Monday. I will provide you with an excuse to give your boss for missing work, and you, in turn, will stay home and read my blog instead. This one should do the trick...

Kidnapped by Pirates

If your boss, or his administrative assistant, should ask for proof, I would be more than happy to send you the weathered old treasure map that I oft faxed in when using this same excuse. Although I am fairly sure it leads to a rather delicious delicatessen on Fairfax.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Monday is ten times worse when you wake up inexplicably at 6am. It's like the universe is saying, "So you don't like Monday, huh? Well, here's four more hours of it for you!"

(editor's note: the author of this comment does not typically sleep until 10am; she only wishes she could on Mondays.)

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home